"My daughter feels like she can trust you and she has a hard time trusting people with her feelings."
Getting help dealing with a friend or parent, school, life, can cause palms to sweat. Try counseling once or twice, then decide if it is right for you. If it makes you feel better -- more in control, more powerful, happier, more energized, or just a bit smarter and encouraged, then come when you like and stop when you wish.
Here are a few things I focus on with teens:
* Ways to improve mood and relieve stress
* Strategies to increase self-esteem and self-confidence.
* Support to improve family and friend relationships.
* Guidance in making college and career decisions.
* Ideas for improving academic skills and motivation.
* Openness to discuss whatever is on your mind.
And here's what I won't do:
Pry into your personal life and ask millions of questions about what you don't want to talk about.
Come up with all kinds of dumb ideas that you won't use.
TAKE A RISK. YOU ARE WORTH THE INVESTMENT!
"Thank you for all your help this semester. I could not have done as well in school without our meetings!"